While many people know the importance of cleaning out your dryer lint trap between every laundry cycle, not everyone knows how vital it is to have your dryer vent professionally cleaned. The National Fire Protection Agency released that thousands of fires originate across the U.S. each year in clothing dryers. At Planet Duct, we believe in the importance of maintaining your dryer in order to promote safety, lower electricity bills, and increase the life of your machine. If you are interested in a video version of this blog visit the bottom of the post.
Steps To Clean Dryer Vents
- Starting at the outside of your home, we use a special tool to snake through the line outside of your house down to your dryer.
- The snake-like tool pulls all of the lint from your dryer outside of your house by suctioning backwards
- We fish the line through multiple times until it comes out completely clean. These specialty tools, we call them Severus, are perfect for accessing every aspect of your dryer vent line.
- After cleaning your dryer from the outside of the home, we will shift focus to the back of your dryer.
- We will disconnect your dryer, then use an air tool to thoroughly clean your lint trap.
- With our specialty tools, we will clean out your lint trap and blow all the debris in the back of the dryer near the heating element at about 100 – 175 PDA
- Using an extension tool, we will clean your dryer vent from the back of your dryer to the termination point on the outside of your house.
- We will reconnect your dryer, push it back in place, and clean everything using Simple Green and white towels.
- We will test your dryer to ensure everything is running efficiently and safely.
DIY Dryer Vent Cleaning
Although there are DIY kits and you can follow the above steps to clean out your dryer vents it is always better to hire a professional. A professional dryer vent cleaner will have certified dryer vent cleaners that know how to identify the issues and type of dryer vent. At Planet Duct we have a team of NADCA certified air duct and dryer vent cleaners. Hiring a qualified cleaner will not only get the job done but it will also allow you to save money on damages.
Importance of Dryer Vent Cleaning
Understanding the importance of dryer vent cleaning can not only protect you from a house fire but it can also save you a lot of money. Here are some additional resources to help you with your dryer vents.
Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning | Planet Duct
The dryer vent cleaning process administered by our team is incredibly thorough. If you want a dryer that is cleaner than the exhaust port on the Death Star, then contact us today. We are happy to provide free quotes for dryer vent cleaning as well as air duct cleaning in order to help you breathe better and live better.
Educational Video Transcript
Hello, it’s Brandon with Planet Duct! I get a lot of people asking how we clean dryer vents, so I want to talk to you about our dryer vent cleaning process.