As a NADCA-certified air duct cleaning company, Planet Duct is passionate about helping the business owners and residents of Colorado Springs learn how to properly take care of their air ducts. Having a clean air duct system helps your HVAC system work efficiently and save you money on your utility bills. Our team of air duct technicians are able to take care of all of your air duct concerns, from air duct sealing to A/C coil cleaning.
Planet Duct is passionate about educating our customers about air ducts so you’re able to properly care for your air duct system. Poorly cared for air ducts have many consequences, including an accumulation of dust in your home. If you’re ever felt like you’re constantly dusting but it doesn’t make a difference, you likely have air ducts that are in need of a deep cleaning. Did you know that there’s a correlation between dirty air ducts and dust mites in your homes? Not to worry though, the experts at Planet Duct are here to help you learn how to prevent dust mites, and keep your home dust-free.
What Are Dust Mites?
Dust mites are every homeowner’s worst nightmare. They’re microscopic pests that can live practically anywhere, and produce irritating allergens. Dust mites feed on dead human skin cells, which are found in dust. While these annoying critters can’t bite or sting, they do pose a risk to your health. The allergens they produce can trigger asthma attacks as well as serious allergic reactions. While no one wants to think about dust mites, it’s important to educate yourself so that you can learn how to protect you and your family.
How Can I Get Rid Of Dust Mites?
Dust mites are extremely common, and are found in nearly every 4 out of 5 homes. There are simple steps you can take to help get rid of any dust mites in your house, and help prevent them from coming back in the future. Nine ways to help eliminate dust mites in your home include:
- Have your air ducts professionally cleaned regularly.
- Clean air ducts mean a dust-free home, which will dramatically reduce your chances of getting dust mites.
- On your bed, use fabric covers that are proven to help repel dust mites.
- It’s extremely helpful to cover your bed, as this will dramatically reduce the chances of your allergies being irritated while sleeping and making the bed. You can buy covers for your mattress, box spring and pillows.
- Make sure to wash your bedding at least once a week in hot water.
- Do your best to avoid down pillows and down comforters.
- Down develops dust quicker than alternative materials, increasing your chances of getting dust mites.
- If you have throw rugs, wash them at least once a week in hot water.
- Vacuum weekly.
- If possible, use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter as this will help trap the dust inside of the vacuum cleaner.
- Wash your children’s stuffed animals often using hot water.
- When you dust, use a damp rag.
- Dusting with a dry cloth moves dust around in the air, which can transfer dust mites from one item to another.
- Keep humidity levels below 50 percent.
- Dust mites are unable to survive in low humidity climates.
Get Rid Of Dust Mites With Planet Duct
If you’ve noticed that your home seems dusty, even when you dust regularly, or it’s been awhile since you’ve had your air ducts professionally cleaned, chances are you have dust mites. The good news is that Planet Duct is just a call away! With our stellar air duct cleaning services, the dust in your home will be dramatically reduced, and a dust-free home equals a dust mite-free home. If you’re ready to feel confident with the cleanliness of your home, call Planet Duct today!